Last year my mother purchased a pinnable world map for my husband and I for Christmas. It hangs in our bedroom and we faithfully pin the places that we visit. Those pins aren’t just pins, they are a record of memories. I realize that this wouldn’t have been a good gift for everyone, but the travelers in your life are special and they require special gifts.
Here are a few gift ideas for the traveler in your life!
- GoPro: Want to go really big? Does your traveler like to document their adventures? Get them a Gopro! The best one right now is the GoPro HERO6 Black – but is it definitely pricy! If you don’t have to have the latest and greatest the GoPro HERO5 Black is also an excellent option. There is also the GoPro HERO5 Session is a lightweight, easy to use, and an extremely portable option.
- Speaking of maps – This one is very similar to the one I have! It comes already framed and ready for you to pin!
- Passport covers are always a hit! Kate Spade has this subtle pale pink one as well as this bright pink leather one. Although cute, they are not cheap, so fortunately there are tons of less expensive options. Wanderlust Passport Customised Collection has some of my favorites at very reasonable prices. So many to choose from!
- Travel wraps – These are a necessity! They can be thrown over your shoulders for warmth, be used as a blanket on an airplane, be rolled up into a neck pillow, be used as a sheet on a train, protect your hair from the rain, and look amazingly stylish as well! Do you want to go top of the line? Check out The Travel Wrap Company. They are a Scottish Company with free shipping and returns to the US. I’ve heard that Kate Middleton shops with them, if it’s good enough for Kate…They have truly beautiful and classic items. I also love this White and Warrens cashmere wrap – such a pretty color! Here is a less expensive option in Merino wool with several colors to choose from! I love these and at this price you can get more than one.
- Travel Journals – Does your traveler like to take notes about what they have seen and experienced? I certainly do! in fact, one of my favorite things is to go back and read my travel journals. It lets me experience the trip all over again! I am a notebook fanatic. I have everything from cheap spiral notebooks to fancy leather bound journals. However, I always travel with the same type of notebook. I use this one, a medium sized, soft-bound, ruled Moleskine notebook or sometimes this larger one that is also soft bound and ruled. Always soft bound because I can open them flat, always ruled because I can’t write well without lines, and I like the simple black color. Moleskine also makes these city notebooks that I am wanting to try. I think that these Rite in the Rain field notebooks would be nice for travel as well – especially for the camper or outdoor adventure traveler. You want to go with one of the most high quality notebooks? Try these from Smythson!
- USB Battery packs – This is an especially important item for those who are flying long distances or going to places where electricity might be spotty. My favorite is the Jackery Bolt 6000 Charger.
- Eye masks – I prefer the silk ones. Here are a couple of my favorites: 100% Natural Silk Sleep Mask or Alaska Bear Natural Silk Sleep Mask.
- Lodging – Does your traveler love Airbnb? Most people do! An Airbnb Gift Card is the perfect gift for the hard to buy for person. You can even choose this one that can be delivered via E-mail.
- Travel wear and pajamas – Sudara has wonderful jammies and pants that are made by women in India who have escaped a life of sex trafficking and exploitation. They make lovely and easy to wear clothing, perfect for traveling. These are beautiful designs for a great cause. I have loved this company from the moment I first found them, love what they stand for as well as their clothing!
- Books – The Atlas Obscura is a list of natural wonders, crazy events, and all kinds of fascinating and unusual things to see. It will definitely inspire the reader to want to see some of the more obscure places in the world.
- Jewelry – My children gave me a lovely silver necklace with a small charm in the shape of my state that has a little diamond embedded where our city would be located. It is subtle and non-flashy and doesn’t attract the wrong kind of attention so I always wear it when I travel to remind me of where my people and my heart are. Mine was from a local jewelry store so I don’t have a link for you, but still wanted to include this idea because this is one of my favorite gifts I have ever received and I think something similar would be wonderful for your special traveler!
I hope you’ve enjoyed these ideas and have fun with your gift giving this year!
By the way, I do want to let you know that some of these links are affiliate links which means that I might earn a little bit of a commission if you purchase something after clicking on the link. However, I only recommend items that I really like and think are useful. Thank you for your support to keep this blog going!
I appreciate you stopping by,
I’d love for you to follow me on my social media!